Tuesday, September 17, 2013

2013 Great Frederick Fair Results! A Trifecta! ...Blue, red and yellow!

A Trifecta of results: 1,2,3;  Blue, red and yellow ribbons.  Hooray!

We went to the fair this past weekend with the grandkids to see how my honey, hive products and photography had performed.

I was excited to see that my photograph of worker bees fanning on the top board of hive 1 won a 1st place (blue ribbon)!






And, my honey won a 3rd place (yellow ribbon).  (The usual guy won 1st place again! But, I have to admit that his honey was crystal clear and beautiful.)


My gift pack with hive products in it won a 2nd place (red ribbon).






(Here are some photos of the fair table in the honey exhibit area.  Very colorful and pretty ribbons.)




I don't pick my items up from the fair until it closes next Sunday, so I don't know my judging scores on each item in specific. 




 The demonstration hive was intriguing to the kids! Young and old!

 Where's the queen?


Happy with this year's fair results!

No comments: